[SML] LED room lighting

jdunfee12 at yahoo.com jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 9 19:58:24 UTC 2019

 I can say that all the low-priced DMX controlled LED disco-type lights on E-bay or Amazon  have gross exaggeration for their wattage.  Actual wattage is at best 60%.
I don't know how close the "Equivalent wattage" for a LED is in comparison to an actual tungsten lamp now-a-days.  I know early in the history of household LED bulbs, sometimes the lumens of the tungsten lamps were under estimated so the LED equivalent wattage could be exaggerated. And off course, the longevity was idealized, and ignored the very real problem of heat build-up in many fixtures.  Many of the LED bulbs and the earlier generation of "green" fluorescent bulbs died quick deaths.  The "green" part was the money the manufacturers were raking in for the scams.  I think things are somewhat better in terms of bulbs, but the green-energy moment still seems to be focused on the color of the money.