[SML] Swapping Grand and Midstage Curtain

Barney Simon barney at jchansen.com
Tue Feb 26 13:40:34 UTC 2019

Good question, he did say he had a lift, which COULD be used to access the top of the arbor.
All arbors have at least one eye at the top.
Indeed all loft blocks are not so equipped.

I see Bill Sapsis has joined the conversation with excellent advice, as always.

While I am not one to speak to actual best practices, but as he is here, assuming that a scissor lift weights about a ton, is lowering a baton and anchoring to the lift (someone suggested sandbags) as ‘pipe weight’? It has been so many years since I was actually in the field, I was younger and let’s say “willing to take stupid risks” back then, I don’t know the proper answer here.
Barney Simon
JC Hansen Co., Inc.
629 Grove Street Ste 26, Jersey City NJ 07086
201-222-1677 fax 201-222-1699