[SML] Very portable flats

jdunfee12 at yahoo.com jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 22:46:21 UTC 2019

Bruce via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote: > Assemble the frames as pantographs with hinges.  Insert a crossbar>once the pantographs are extended as a stiffener.
Thank you for the crossbar idea.  I had a similar design that I had drawn up many years ago, for a 4' x 8' frame designed hang curtains. (see attached image).  But, there were more folds.  Your ASCII art would not work unless the folding part where half the length of the non-folding part. For my 3'x5' flats, I would need to hinge the 3' long pieces. pieces, and so the cross bar would be installed vertically.

The painted cloth could not be attached to the folding pieces, unless I would be OK with it having creases that cross the interior. But, I could  use the elastic tensing system that was mentioned before, just for the sides that are not attached..  Then the painted cloth would wrap around the frame for storage.
-Joe