[SML] Walabot

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Fri Jul 12 23:07:05 UTC 2019

I tried scanning in CEMENT mode and it said "you're scanning drywall".

So, here's a scan over my test setup.  Several bricks lined up on a
brick floor.  1/2" PVC pipe filled with water laying between two
bricks.  One sheet of 1/2" drywall over them.

The picture is in PAN mode, the red area is the pipe.

It the auto image mode it isn't sure if it's a pipe or a stud, but as I
know it's a brick wall that tells me there is SOMETHING there that isn't
metal.

In the pan mode I haven't gotten the location of the pipe in inches
right.  It has the overall pan length right at 20", but the pipe was
actually centered.  Still gets you close to where it is and the other
modes are more "live".

Overall, I'd say this DOES find things chased into brick walls.  Takes a
little fiddling with, but in the end it works a whole lot better than
drilling holes until you hit water, then backing up.  It will probably
work better after I use it more, things like speed of movement.

--

Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.DurandInterstellar.com