[SML] Independent Extron Programmers?

Will Schuessler w.schuess at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 21:51:33 UTC 2019

Hey, all -

I'm tired of banging my head against the wall of Extron customer service,
and the people who did my install are... less than competent. Are
independent Extron programmers a thing, and if so does anyone have any
recommendations?

I've got a recently installed Extron IPCP Pro 550 brain and DTP Crosspoint
matrix switcher in my theater, and I'm super unhappy with the way the
installer set up the touchscreen UIs. I had to fight with them on install
to get half the things we needed, and then over the course of the next
year, we've found out a lot of additional broken things and tweaks that we
want made.

I'd be more than happy to read up on the programming and learn how to do
what I need to do myself, but Extron is a huge pain about locking down
their systems to anyone but resellers. I even asked if there was paid
training to get a login so I can use their software, but they won't even
consider it for an end user. Anyway, I need someone to fix a laundry list
of tweaks and broken things in the UI, and also give a once over to the
rest of the code to see if there's anything glaringly wrong with it we
haven't come across yet. And needless to say, I don't want to go back to
the original vendor. I'm in LA, but this seems like the kind of thing that
could be done remotely?

Thanks everyone,
Will