[SML] Making antique oats box- unroll picture of old box to print?

Joe Dunfee joe at dunfee.com
Mon Mar 11 03:51:09 UTC 2019

I want to make a few kitchen items for Anne of Green Gables.  I can find
plenty of images of old oatmeal boxes, etc. So, I might just print them
out and paste them on to similar, modern cardboard round containers.

I can use photo software to help remove the age of the image and repair
damage. But, the images are of the round container, and I need to
somehow flatten the image to print.  I have not been able to find any on
the internet so far.

Can someone recommend software or a technique to do it?  I have the free
Inkscape and Paint.net programs. Both of them will accept add-on
programs written for Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.

-Joe