[SML] Twitchy Forerunner all a-twitter

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed May 8 15:08:11 UTC 2019

Hi folks... I've got a 7.5 inch Wybron Forerunner that's giving me
fits - changed out the gel strings on our units recently,and one is
twitchy - and getting worse. I unloaded the string, and thought maybe
I over-tensioned it or something, and in trying to re-load the string,
it's inconsolable with its twitching.  If I fiddle with the "adjust
gel" trim pot, I can get it to calm down, but the moment I touch a
spring roller, it goes back into twitch mode.  I've tried different
cables, power supply, termination, etc.... all the other scrollers are
fine, as well.

I could get replacement parts, but I don't know what part to get...
new control board? New gel adjust pot?

I've got to keep these things running another few years....

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com