[SML] [EXTERNAL] Re: Old joke request

C. Andrew Dunning landrudesign at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 18:38:16 UTC 2019

The thing that strikes me about the topic of this thread is
the baggage that goes with it.  I’m not at all saying that
the baggage isn’t deserved.  It’s just that, in thinking
about the 2 instances I mentioned, neither use of (now)
questionable phrases was in the least-bit malicious.  My
colleague and I having a laugh was our way of acknowledging
the reality of what the words meant.  In the other case,
while no offense had been taken, I still apologized.  No-one
assumed intent that wasn’t there.  No-one got mad.  No-one
called HR.  No-one lost a job.  We simply moved on.

But
I’ll find other ways of saying things in the future.

My 2¢US.

C. Andrew Dunning

Landru Design

-