[SML] Is everyone still ok?

Scott C. Parker scparker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:03:15 UTC 2020

Jeff, this is a great thread. Thanks for starting it.

All,
Well, I've actually been more busy than usual over these past couple of
weeks. Strange as it sounds. My day job as Director of Lighting for an
events staging company has been four and a half years so far.
Don't get me wrong, all of our in person events have cancelled. several
staff has been furloughed. I'm doing training in Vectorworks and more to
keep our remaining staff busy to justify keeping them fully engaged and
employed.

My wife is a professor of music ed at Temple and they've moved completely
to online classes. Fortunately for her, she has a couple of classes already
online, so the transition hasn't required learning a whole new thing.

My 17y/o is the most I feel for. HS senior and all the prom/graduation type
stuff is getting canned. I don't know if they'll be a yearbook or not.
The 12 y/o trudges through activities between the allotted Fortnite playing
sessions.

More baking is happening.

Hugs and elbow bumps to all.
Scott

--
Thanks,
Scott

Scott C. Parker
Lighting Designer http://scpld.com/ Studio 212-533-3430  Cell 718-757-6661
http://twitter.com/stageseminars
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lightingdesigner
USA829, IES, PLASA, USITT, ETCP certified Rigger & Electrician