[SML] Juice Jacking

joel harari joel.harari at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 9 17:54:02 UTC 2020

They're called USB condoms, I'm not kidding.

The data transfer pins are physically removed so it can only give power. You place the "condom" between the charging cable and your phone.

You can buy them on Amazon for around $10

Sent from phone

Joel Harari

714-743-3306

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 9:39 AM -0800, "Jerry Durand via Stagecraft" <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

    Ok, one more thing to watch out for.  It seems
      hackers are inserting computers into public charging stations (the
      ones with USB connections).  When you plug your phone in it
      charges fine but also has all the info on it copied into that
      hidden computer.

      So... anyone know of data blocking USB cables?  Lets the power
      communications through but blocks any other data transfer?  I know
      a couple of ways to do this but I can't take on a project until
      after we move.

    --
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc. +1 408-356-3886
www.DurandInterstellar.com & www.Durandinterstellar.ru