[SML] TSA Locks are Junk (Dave Wortman)

Stuart Wheaton sdwheaton at fuse.net
Sun Feb 9 17:55:59 UTC 2020

You don't even need a functional firearm, all you need is the receiver
(frame) that has the serial number.  You could do it with a crappy .22
cal pocket pistol, stripped bare so it takes little room, and has no
threat potential.  It still counts as a gun to the TSA.    I heard about
an airline employee saying it didn't count, just ask for a TSA
supervisor and ask what would happen it you carried it through the
checkpoint, the answer will be," It is a gun, you'll be arrested."  You
declare it, you get to use your own locks.

Stuart