[SML] "Extra" weight on a winched electric....

Tanner Brants tanner at protechlv.com
Tue Oct 13 20:50:18 UTC 2020

Jon,

What you are describing is a counterweight-assist hoist. We make them, as do
most of our competition.

There will be an allowable load differential, but yes, counterweight should
still be adjusted to match the load as best as possible. I cant tell you how
many electrics I've seen just as you described, with a nearly empty arbor
and a fully loaded batten. Not cool. It is something we are addressing with
a new product in the pipeline.

Tanner Brants
PM, PDM

Protech Theatrical