[SML] battery packs for practicals

Dan Sheehan dsheehan.sml at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 23:58:30 UTC 2020

A while ago (pre-Covid) I had some LED strings on moving set pieces.
I used Milwaukee M12 batteries (from  a very handy smallish drill &
driver set).
Comes in 2 AH and 4 AH sizes.  Battery has female slots which accept
a standard 1/4" tab connector, making it very easy to adapt to other uses.

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 8:47 PM Joe via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> A local Amish group makes adapters for Dewalt cordless tool battery packs
> to power things like 12v lights.  They prefer the Dewalt because the
> connection to the battery is direct, and so they don't have to wory about
> the handshaking process that a battery pack with a digital interface
> requires.  But, I have seen adapters for other brands of battery.  I would
> guess that you can find brands for most batteries. But, the one you linked
> to, from Allied express seems to be a good price.
>
> PM me if you want me to look up the source for the local Amish adapter
> maker.
>
> -Joe
>

> On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 1:50:12 PM EDT, Jerry Durand via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
> I ran across a handy series of battery packs, about the size of a laptop
> charger they have a lithium battery, charger, and power output all in a
> sealed safe-looking package (actual safety with any lithium battery is up
> to a higher authority).
> 12V in and out, high wattage
> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000929999938.html

...Dan Sheehan