[SML] JC Hansen Co vs COVID

Bill Sapsis bill at sapsis-rigging.com
Tue Sep 29 17:30:56 UTC 2020

Barney.

Very sad news indeed.  Wishing you all the best as you, and all of us, try to move forward.

Be well.  Stay safe

Bill S

From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> on behalf of "stagecraft at theatrical.net" <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 1:14 PM
To: "stagecraft at theatrical.net" <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Cc: Barney Simon <barney at jchansen.com>
Subject: [SML] JC Hansen Co vs COVID

Greetings all. It has been just over 100 years since the Hansen brothers came to the United States, bringing their sailmaking skills to the American theater. In these troubled times, with no indication that theater will return anytime soon, their legacy is coming to a close. My goal is to close the business with the professionalism and dignity that the brothers and their successors have maintained into 2020.
We have been mainly a softgoods rental house, so we have a lot of velours, mainly black but some colors. We also have scrims, cycs, a few painted drops, and reversible marley floor. If you have leads or suggestions, please email me. Thanks, stay safe.

Barney Simon
President and Owner
Joseph C Hansen Co., Inc
234 16th Street 8th FL