[SML] Ceiling Fans on Battens

Matthew Breton theatricalmatt at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 16:48:55 UTC 2021

> However, I did once need to have 4, operable 5-blade, 50" fans on a single batten moving fairly slowly. The ultimate effect was visibly moving fan blade shadows on the deck and performers.

Sounds like a production I designed that was supposed to be set in an industrial warehouse.  Lovely look; we took the option of using a gobo rotator with either a 70-degree or 90-degree source Four.  (I recall having to change the lens, but not exactly to what.)

For the OP, it sounds like stagehands with leaf blowers or deck fans might do the trick -- at least that way, the direction of debris and wind gusts is a little more controllable.  I wouldn't be surprised if, in tech, you still got some odd rebounds, and things going where they shouldn't.

Matthew Breton
Design for Theater and Dance