[SML] job ethics

Steven Mclean stevenjmclean at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 21:33:36 UTC 2021

This may not be on point, but true war story.  Several years ago, my school
booked an event for a then has-been tv star, not yet political candidate.
It was to be a “conference on education”.  The principal’s advance team
wanted him to have a wireless lav mic, despite our caution that in our
thrust venue with center cluster & our sketchy onni lav there was a very
real likelihood of crappy sound & feedback.

fast forward to the event.  It was held during my class period, so my
colleague ran the event with student labor. The predicted sound problems
ensued,  & when my colleague saved his a**  by bringing the principal a
hand-held mic p, he was thanked with “you’re fired”

None if us but presumably the conferences office & the students running the
event were paid extra for the event & the principal was less-than pleased
by the school newspaper’s coverage and opinion of the event.

Steven J McLean
515-480-8461
stevenjmclean at gmail.com
designandtechtheatre.wordpress.com