[SML] Smoke, heat, fire sensors for HVAC systems

Bill Nelson billn at peak.org
Mon Jan 25 19:46:46 UTC 2021

Oops! I somehow sent the reply before I had finished composing it.

The theatre also had ionization detectors in the fly tower - which were also sensitive to theatrical smoke. The theatre was
finally able to convince the fire marshal to allow changing the detectors to rate-of-rise sensing. No more false triggers
from the fly loft.

A theatre I once worked in had an ionization detector in the return air duct. Theatrical smoke would sometimes trigger
the alarm, so we had to disable the detector and hire an off-duty fireman to stand watch.

Bill