[SML] ETC Color Source SPOT & PAR unit repair

Steven Mclean stevenjmclean at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 00:26:10 UTC 2021

I have received some confused correspondence from ETC/Barbizon concerning
my ColorSource SPOT & PAR units.

 One earlier  email stated that the repair would be around $500 (if it was
to be more they would contact me) once I shipped the units to Wisconsin.
Since then, I have gotten emails from various other sources indicating that
the units ARE under warranty & the only cost would be shipping TO Wisconsin
(that ETC would ship them back)  & another suggesting that I reach out to
the ETC support again.  We will see.  I have instructions for ordering
shipping boxes in order to send them, but the whole process seems Byzantine
(or maybe Baroque--  :-)

Meanwhile, the house circuits are "sprinkled" throughout the ceiling of the
venue and are non-dimmed.  I only know the breaker panel location for a few
of them (because the operators of the associated restaurant were wont to
turn them off randomly last year & that led to identifying breakers in
panels that needed to be labeled as "DO NOT TURN OFF".

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 2:47 PM George Davidson via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Something is not sitting right with this
>
> the colorsource series all have 5 year warranties on the fixture, with 10
> years on the LED array
>
> If ETC is charging for repair, then i suspect there is an external cause
> to the failures
>

> George

Steven J McLean
515-480-8461