[SML] Suggestions on portable personal PA....

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Tue Mar 2 01:00:19 UTC 2021

Hey folks....   I have a choral director looking for recommendations
on an over-the-ear (boom) type mic, and perhaps a portable PA, for
classes that need to move between two large spaces.  (She's returning
to in-person instruction, and of course with spacing, the spaces are
MUCH larger than typical.). She needs something robust, that isn't
going to be too fussy (she's not big on technology or sound
engineering).....  wireless would be preferable, BUT a wired system
could work, too.  I'm imagining she could handle an amp that rolls (a
la airport luggage) - and a mic system that plugs in.  But she'd of
course like a mic with enough dynamic range so those high notes are
clear of distortion.  (Some of the rolly PA systems I've used 15 years
ago had terrible dynamic range, and I couldn't imagine a singer
wanting to use them....)

Maybe something exists now?  I'm thinking of just one speaker, not a
stereo setup...?

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com