[SML] video camera setup for video monitoring stage from the obstructed booth

Karl Franklin Allen allen at mercurystore.com
Thu Apr 7 14:37:18 UTC 2022

We had a similar set up with off the shelf security camera CCTV style
systems (read: cheap AF) at a theater I worked at which shall remain
nameless. The biggest gripe SMs had about it was the delay. A  .5-1 sec
delay made cuing really challenging!
Those cameras also don't respond well to rapid changes in light level as
most have a kind of automatic nightvision that tries to kick in, further
complicating matters.

The greatest success we had countering this problem was a homerun straight
from a decent video camera to a monitor, but I recognize that is not always
possible for a variety of reasons.

I'd love to know what the money-is-no-object solution to this issue is

Happy Hunting!
Karl

Karl Franklin Allen (he/him)
Production and Facilities Manager