[SML] Modern audio output for Mac Mini?

Joe Wilson faderjockey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 16:46:31 UTC 2022

How many outputs do you need?

Is Dante an option on your mixer?  If so, I'd go that route.

Otherwise, I still really like the Roland OctaCapture.  It's 8x8 with
outputs on 1/4" TRS.  It's not the newest interface - it uses USB 2.0, but
it's a solid choice and still for sale.

Lots of folks like the Focusrite Scarlett line of interfaces.  I'm not
super impressed by how they sound but they aren't super expensive and they
have a wide variety of models with different channel counts.  Also usb 2.0.

I think what you might be finding is that the majority of USB-C interfaces
are geared toward small format 2x2 boxes for podcasters or mobile recording
setups.  There's nothing wrong with USB 2.0, and that seems to be where the
good multi-output interfaces still live.

~joe
--
Joe Wilson, ATD/Sound

Adding one more "me too" to the