[SML] Wireless Headsets

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Apr 19 22:38:39 UTC 2023

My spaces use two different Eartec products, and are very happy with them.

For the black box, we use the UltraLite line, as we only need (can't
remember now - 3 or 4?).... and for the mainstage, we use 2 sets (8* total)
of UltraPak beltbacks with a hub and Max 4G headsets, with an interface
that connects to our wired Telex system. So for a musical, we're usually
using 6 wireless, interconnected with 5 wireds, and they all work just fine.

*8 total wireless, but I just use 6, and have spares at the ready. We've
never had a pack go down, but the headsets do fail in time. But I have to
say, with each iteration of headset, they've gotten better, both sound
quality and durability, so that's nice.

Pretty much each night, one pack will develop interference gremlins, but
it's never the same headset from night to night. So I just tell the crew,
whoever gets the crackly one, just swap it out with another pack, and swap
back the next day, if you desire.  For what we've paid for them, these
things have been wonderful. And Eartec support is fantastic. When we first
invested in the packs and interface (8-9 years ago?) they wired/programmed
the interface (hub) to power on/default to the "conference" mode, so both
sets of 4 could communicate together, rather than have to be toggled every
night.  Little things like that are pretty nice.

 - Jon

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com