[SML] Narrow beam LED pixel strips?

Joe jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 04:01:25 UTC 2023

I am working on a project where I would like to make a light-curtain, that can open in a way comparable to a traveler curtain.   This would be like a standard LED Pixel strip, mounted on the floor of the stage..  However, I would want each LED to have a fairly narrow beam.  I know I can get standard individual 5mm LEDs with beams as narrow as 3deg. Though, I have never seen such a narrow beam for the Pixel type of LED.

I did find these small LED fixtures with some significant power, and narrow beam.  But, not Pixel type.  Though, I can't seem to find it anywhere in the U.S.  And the overseas ones tend to be out of stock. So, perhaps discontinued. Stanley LLM0854A
https://stanley-ledlighting.com/products-lighting-for-show-and-landscape/llm0854a/
An alternative to the Pixel strips, would be to use an 8 or 12 channel DMX LED driver, with the fixtures I have linked above. The beams won't be as densely packed as a LED strip. And I can't chance those fixture's color, but it is certainly an option.
Any other ideas top do this effect?  I would like at least 48 beams, and prefer more. But, I may settle for 24 beams, if nothing is really on the market that would serve my purpose, and be under $500 USD total.

For those unaware of the Pixel protocol, it allows each individual LED in the strip to be controlled.

-Joe