[SML] Pricing inventory for liquidation

Dan Sheehan dsheehan.sml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:06:24 UTC 2023

I was recently on the receiving end of such a deal.
Got a bunch of S4's, most needing some work,
the donating house was upgrading to LEDs,
I got to scrap all my ancient Altman 6xNN radials.
(Wouldn't wish them on anybody)

On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 9:17 AM David Fox via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> [uncloaking]
>
> <SNIP>
> I've been approached by a theater company to help assess the value of
> their inventory and find places to sell the old equipment so they can clear
> out storage.
> <SNIP>
>
> As the old saying goes, 'One theatre's trash is another theatre's
> treasure'.
>
> I suggest they reach out to the other venues in town (especially if they
> are non-profit) and see if they want it.
> Said other theatre picks it up, they give you a donation receipt, they get
> to replace their coffee can front lights with something "new".
>
> Your pals benefits in the form of a tax write-off for the full value of
> the item as a donation instead of pennies on the dollar selling it.
>
> Everyone wins.
>
> [cloaking]
>

> __________________________
> It is important to note that the opinions of the individual and those of
> their employer are not always aligned.
>
> What you have read should be construed as my opinion and not the opinion
> of my employer.
>
> If you don't like or agree with my thoughts and musings, I am the one you
> should take to task and not the nice people who pay me.
>
> Be Seeing You
> David
> He/him/his

...Dan Sheehan
Fixer of things that break
TD Walpole (MA) Footlighters
*​Takes less time to do it right than to do it twice*