[SML] Fixing DMX Cables

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Fri Mar 29 06:03:25 UTC 2024

For an out of town trip I got a $5 temperature controlled iron that I
figured would be good for the several connections I needed to make.
While it worked ok, the PC board inside wasn't properly supported and
moved, using the temperature knob to hold it in place.  As the board
holds the heater when you tighten the tip it pushes the board down and
jambs the knob.

A bit of glue around the base of the board helped.

So, for lets say $10 for a slightly better model you can get an
occasional use temperature controlled iron.