[SML] Box Office/Ticketing Software

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Thu Feb 5 23:03:08 UTC 2015

I asked our Box Office manager, since we recently left 1 service provider, and started with another in August 2014.

Our Box Office Manager says:
The succinct answer I think you’re looking for is that Audienceview puts us in greater control on a number of levels.
On a ticketing side, it gives us greater control of how revenue comes in, what revenue comes in, and an overall better customer experience, as it’s the Chan Centre.
From a marketing perspective, we’re finally able to do in-house Customer Relationship Management for the first time, which is something they’ve been clamouring for for a while.
From an overall business perspective, because it’s web based, we’re able to be more agile in how we sell tickets, and where, which will allow the Chan Centre to do ticketing for the Faculty of Arts, and other units on campus.

The programs that made the short list were:
AudienceView
Patron Technology
Ticketforce
And TicketMaster

(TicketMaster was our previous ticketing system as well.)

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

604-822-2372
Andrew.riter at ubc.ca<mailto:Andrew.riter at ubc.ca>