[SML] NYC Stagehand shot by police

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Sat May 21 01:17:09 UTC 2016

Well, a:  that's not the NRA'S position on the matter.   And b: we have performed this experiment with lots of state by state variations.
Violent crime rates in the usa are high in places with high population density and low economic and social status.  These places are also overwhelmingly places where personal firearms ownership is prohibited or defacto prohibited to ordinary decent citizens.  Another datum.   Mass shootings in the usa are overwhelmingly perpetrated in places that are gun free zones by statute or by property owner rules.   It's almost as if the crazy people are not morons, and seek out places where their intended victims  are less likely to be armed with firearms.

But this is straying dangerously off topic for this list.   Let's just agree to disagree and hoist beverages of our choice while debating the virtues of BBQ.
Dale