[SML] Colleges and the arts

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 18:04:37 UTC 2023

On Mon, Sep 25, 2023 at 11:39 AM Kristi R-C via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

This presumes the only reason to go to college is to get career training
and that’s simply not the case.

Certainly true.  On the serious side, I think arts takes longer and you
have to focus earlier in life on it.  I started in 6th grade, went to
college with a career in arts in mind, and it worked out. Getting me into a
top grad school was one important way. I just don't see that early passion
and dedication to art today.

On the less serious side, alcohol, tobacco l, and sex were not awful
reasons to go to college.

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023, 12:15 PM Joe Wilson via Stagecraft <